Detailed Course Contents
Math 4407 Statistical and Mathematical Analysis
Statistics: Frequency distribution, Mean, Median, Mode, and other measure of central tendency, standard deviation and other measure of dispersion; Moments, Skewness and kurtosis. Generating functions. Elementary probability theory, Characteristics of distributions, elementary sampling theory, Estimation, Hypothesis testing and regression analysis. Probability distribution and expectations.
Integral Transforms: Fourier series, Fourier integral. Fourier transform (direct and inverse). The discrete Fourier transform, algorithm of FFT. Applications (spectral density, transfer function, frequency response, noise reduction). Laplace and Fourier transform methods for partial differential equations. Z-Transforms and its applications.
Complex Variables: Complex number systems, General functions of a complex variable, Limits and continuity of a function of complex variable and related theorems, Complex differentiation and the Cauchy-Riemann equations, Infinite series, Convergence and uniform convergence, Line integral of a complex function, Cauchy integral formula, Liouville's theorem, Taylor's and Laurent's theorem, Singular points, Residue, Cauchy's residue theorem.
Vector Calculus: Definition of Equality, Addition and multiplication linear dependence and independence, Differentiation and integration, Line, surface and volume integrals, function, Divergence and curl and their applications. Physical significance of gradient, divergence and curl, Vector, identities Integral forms of gradient, divergence and curl, Divergence theorem, Stoke's theorem, Green's theorem and Gauss's theorem.
1. Introductory Statistics, Author: Neil A. Weiss
2. Mathematical Statistics with Applications, Author: John E. Freund
3. Vector Calculus, Author: Jerrold E. Marsden and Anthony J. Tromba
4. Vector and Tensor Analysis, Author: G.E. Hay
5. Complex Variables and Applications, Author: James Ward Brown and Ruel Vance Churchill
6. Complex Analysis, Author: Lars Ahlfors
7. Fourier Series and Boundary Value Problems, Author: James Ward Brown and Ruel Vance Churchill
8. Advanced Engineering Mathematics, Author: Erwin Kreyszig
EEE 4435 Digital Electronics and Pulse Techniques
Diode logic gates, Transistor switches, Transistor gates, MOS gates, Logic Families: TTL, ECL, IIL and CMOS logic with operation details, Propagation delay, Product and noise immunity, Open collector and high impedance gates, Electronic circuits for flip-flops, Counters and register, Memory systems, PLAs, A/D and D/A converters with applications, S/H circuits, LED, LCD and optically coupled oscillators, Non-linear applications of OP AMPs, Analog switches.
Linear wave shaping: Diode wave shaping techniques, Clipping and Clamping circuits, Comparator circuits, Switching circuits, Pulse transformers, Pulse transmission, Pulse generation, Monostable, bistable and astable Multivibrators, Schmitt trigger, Blocking oscillators and time-base circuit, Timing circuits, Simple voltage sweeps, Linear current sweeps.
1. Digital Integrated Electronics, Author: Herbert Taub, Donald L Schilling.
2. Microelectronics, Author: Jacob Millman
EEE 4436 Digital Electronics and Pulse Techniques Lab
Sessional based on EEE 4435
CSE 4401 Visual Programming
An overview of visual thinking; introduction to visual languages and visual programming; examples of languages for handling visual information; examples of languages for handling visual interactions; visualization of data and information about data; visualization of programs and execution; visualization of software design; visual coaching systems; visual interface design systems; nontextual programming environments (including diagrammatic systems and iconic systems); table and form based systems; visual database design; advances in visual languages and visual programming systems.
1. Core JAVA Author: Cay S. Horstmann, Gary Cornell
2. Java programming, Author: Schildt
3. Beginning Java-2, Author: Horstman
4. Visual programming environments: Applications and issues, Glinert E P (ed.), IEEE Computer Society Press, 1990
5. Visual programming environments: Paradigms and systems, Glinert E P (ed.), IEEE Computer Society Press, 1990
CSE 4402 Visual Programming Lab
Sessional works based on CSE 4401
CSE 4403 Algorithms
Techniques for analysis of algorithms, Methods for the design of efficient algorithms: divide and conquer, greedy method, dynamic programming, back tracking, branch and bound, Basic search and traversal techniques, graph algorithms, Algebraic simplification and transformations, lower bound theory, NP-hard and NP-complete problems.
1. Algorithms, Author: Corman
2. Computer Algorithms, Author: Horowitz E and Sahni S , Galgotia
CSE 4404 Algorithms Lab
Sessional works based on CSE 4403
CSE 4405 Data and Telecommunications
Basic Concepts: Concepts and Terminology, Analog and Digital Data Transmission, Transmission impairments, Flow & Error control, Signaling, Channel Capacity, Hub, bridge, router, switch, DSL, ADSL, ISDN, Modems.
Communication Architecture and Protocols: OSI reference model, TCP/IP protocol suite.
Multiplexing: Frequency division multiplexing (FDM), Time division multiplexing (TDM), Wavelength division multiplexing (WDM), Space division multiplexing (SVM).
Switching: Circuit Switching, Packet Switching, Message Switching
Encoding & Modulation: Pulse Amplitude Modulation (PAM), Pulse Code Modulation(PCM), Amplitude Shift Keying(ASK), Frequency Shift Keying(FSK), Phase Shift Keying (PSK), Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM), Nonreturn to Zero(NRZ), Return to Zero(RZ), Manchester & Differential Manchester Encoding.
Routing, IP (Internet Protocol).
Introduction to mobile communication, cellular concepts.
1. Data and Telecommunication, Author: Behrouz A. Forouzan
2. Data and Telecommunications Dictionary, Author: Julie K. Petersen
3. Data Telecommunication Systems Applications, Author: Charles N. Thurwachter
4. Data and Telecommunication, Author: Stalling
CSE 4407 System Analysis and Design
System concepts, System and System analysis, system planning, approach to systems development, user involvement, feasibility assessment. System investigations: objectives, methods, recording. Logic System Design, Physical Design of computer and manual sub-system, project management and documentation.
Software Project Management: life cycle, specification design, documentation, maintenance and control. Nature and sources of software tools. Program system organization, analysis of program performance, testing and verification methods, editing formatting, Microprocessing co-ordination of multiple programs.
1. System analysis and design Author: Kendal & Kendal
2. System analysis and design Author: Awad
CSE 4408 System Analysis and Design Lab
Sessional works based on CSE 4407