Currently the department has 24 full-time faculty members along with part-time faculty members from other reputed universities. There are about 250 undergraduate and 20 graduate students in the department.
Programs offered by department of CSE
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) offers courses for instruction and training leading to the examinations for the award of-
- Master of Science in Computer Science and Engineering, M.Sc. Engg. (CSE)
- Master of Science in Computer Science and Application, M.Sc.(CSA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering, PGD (CSE)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science and Application, PGD (CSA)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering, B.Sc. Engg. (CSE)
- Higher Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering, HD (CSE)
Besides conducting the above mentioned programs, CSE department also offers computer science related courses to the other departments of the university. It manages the email and Internet account systems for all the students, faculty members and staffs of the university. The department also manages the university computer center, organizes programming contest and information technology (IT) festivals. The department offers a week long short-course at the end of each year, focusing on pertinent issues of technology, computing and software development. Resource persons and participants from home and abroad take part in the short-courses.
Last updated 11 July 2012